1. Notification No. 02/2023 – Waiver of Late Fee for Composition Dealer –
Maximum Late Fee Rs.250.00 and if Central Tax payable is NIL then there will be no late fee.
Applicable for returns (GSTR-4) not yet filed – Quarterly returns for the quarters from July, 2017 to March 2019 or for the Financial years from 2019-20 to 2021-22.
Due Date for filing – 1st day of April, 2023 to the 30th day of June, 2023.
2. Notification No. 03/2023 – Apply for Revocation of cancellation of registration
Eligible Person – whose registration has been cancelled under clause (b) or clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 29 on or before the 31st day of December, 2022.
Eligible Person shall include the person whose appeal against the order of cancellation of registration or the order rejecting application for revocation of cancellation of registration under section 107 of the Act has been rejected on the ground of failure to adhere to the time limit specified under sub-section (1) of section 30 of the said Act.
Conditions – the returns due upto the effective date of cancellation of registration shall have been furnished before filing the application for revocation.
Due Date for applying – up to 30-06-2023
3. Notification No. 04/2023 – Amended Sub-Rule 4A of Rule 8 – Authentication of Aadhaar and Date of Submission of Registration Application
The date of submission of registration application shall be date of authentication of the Aadhaar number, or fifteen days from the submission of the application in Part B of FORM GST REG-01 under sub-rule (4), whichever is earlier.
4. Notification No. 06/2023 – Relax to the registered person who failed to file the returns after assessment u/s 62(1) within 30 days from the service of assessment order
Relieves for Order – issued on or before 28-02-2023 under section 62(1)
Due Date to file valid returns – 30-06-2023
Applicable to the person including the person whether he had filed an appeal against such order or not or whether or not the appeal, if any, filed against the said assessment order has been decided.
5. Notification No. 07/2023 – Exemption in late for filing Annual Return GSTR-9
New rate of late fee for the year 2022-23 for the following persons without fix any due date for filing –
1. Registered persons having an aggregate turnover of up to five crore rupees in the relevant financial year.
Twenty-five rupees per day, subject to a maximum of an amount calculated at 0.02 per cent. of turnover in the State or Union territory.
2. Registered persons having an aggregate turnover of more than five crore rupees and up to twenty crores rupees in the relevant financial year.
Fifty rupees per day, subject to a maximum of an amount calculated at 0.02 per cent. of turnover in the State or Union territory.
Rate for financial years from 2017-18 to 2021-22 subject to furnish such return upto 30-06-2023 –
As per rate prescribed under section 47 but maximum payable amount shall be Rs.10000.00.
6. Notification No. 08/2023 – Exemption in late fee for filing Final Return GSTR-10 after cancellation of registration
Maximum Late fee shall be Rs.500.00 subject to filing such return upto 30-06-2023.
7. Notification No. 09/2023 – Time Limit extending for issuing the order under 73(10)
(i) for the financial year 2017-18, up to the 31st day of December, 2023;
(ii) for the financial year 2018-19, up to the 31st day of March, 2024;
(iii) for the financial year 2019-20, up to the 30th day of June, 2024.
9811067944GST Amendments w.e.f. 01.04.2023 by Praveen Kumar Mahajan (1 download)